Mirrors!
Here, ladies and gentlemen, is another corner of my room. - My dresser, with an extremely illusive mirror! :D
If you look close, you'll see that, yup, your eyes are not playing tricks on you - there actually is NO MIRROR!!! LOL! I have people come in my room and automatically gravitate towards the mirror, which leads them to eventually look in the "mirror" (or frame, I should say), at which point they then make this strange, bewildered face, until it registers in their mind that "oh, Cel, there's no mirror". HA! It's quite funny actually! - And then I tell them that it's how I fight against vanity, and negative thinking!!!! How can I tell myself how ugly I look, or that the bags under my eyes are darker, or that my love-handles are showing more (yes, yes, I know I don't have much, but they're still there), if there's no mirror to tell me? See? I tell you, it's all in the mirror!
Of course there's a mirror in the other room which I tend to go to, but that's only when I'm putting make-up on anyways, so hey, at least I know I'll look better by the end of the stare. ;)
Seriously though, the workers that are rebuilding the house next door literally tore that place down with sledge hammers - the windows in our room were shaking (thankfully didn't break), but the mirror...yup...I'm sitting there all calm, working, and CRASH! - Down comes the mirror! But hey, extreme praise - right? So TTL that I don't have a mirror, so I can keep positive about myself, and not pick on all my many flaws.
I do think that's why people tell me I generally always have a smile on my face - it's 'cause I'm so oblivious of how bad I look, I still smile. Ha-Ha! Ok, enough about that! I do think though that beauty has nothing to do with how much time is spent in front of the mirror, or even what the mirror tells you - if anything, I feel uglier and more depressed about myself the more I look in the mirror, so the Lord knows why He allowed it to break. - Please do pray though that we can get the neighbors to reimburse us...there are some pros to having a mirror too. :D
Of course there's a mirror in the other room which I tend to go to, but that's only when I'm putting make-up on anyways, so hey, at least I know I'll look better by the end of the stare. ;)
Seriously though, the workers that are rebuilding the house next door literally tore that place down with sledge hammers - the windows in our room were shaking (thankfully didn't break), but the mirror...yup...I'm sitting there all calm, working, and CRASH! - Down comes the mirror! But hey, extreme praise - right? So TTL that I don't have a mirror, so I can keep positive about myself, and not pick on all my many flaws.
I do think that's why people tell me I generally always have a smile on my face - it's 'cause I'm so oblivious of how bad I look, I still smile. Ha-Ha! Ok, enough about that! I do think though that beauty has nothing to do with how much time is spent in front of the mirror, or even what the mirror tells you - if anything, I feel uglier and more depressed about myself the more I look in the mirror, so the Lord knows why He allowed it to break. - Please do pray though that we can get the neighbors to reimburse us...there are some pros to having a mirror too. :D



3 Comments:
Perhaps the builers next door are unaware of their damage to your property. Maybe a quiet word with their chief might result in a replacement?
lol...or in lieu of a quiet word with their chief (being that this is Mexico,) the threat of ending the strip shows from the window might work better...
LOL - good suggestion there, Joy! :P
Post a Comment
<< Home