Thursday, August 04, 2005

Updates...

So yes, I'm not too good at this whole blogging thing, I agree! Come to think of it, it seems all I blog about are any travels I have, parties, and...door-handles. But for what it's worth, it's better than my saying "I sat at my desk and put in the usual 8 or 10 hours of work today". Right? So on to the updates...

Door-Handles (yup, told you that was a biggie) - Oh yes, we have the cool new rustic ones on - I'll have to take a pic of that to show off. Now the only juggle is getting into my room! Someone knocks, I say "come in" and then I have to add "push". - Still need to work on adjusting that a wee bit. :)

Cuernavaca - We had a super cool party down in Cuernavaca Sunday night! Yeigh! (And thanks to the SSU for hosting it!) I ended up driving the 15 seater van there and back. The "back" wasn't as eventful as the "there" part, mainly because I didn't have two of the SGA guys freaking out as much as on the way there. Ha!
The party was fun though - and the pool, oh yes! I decided to put on my bikini and jump in rather than be thrown in (yes, I feel I have brains!), and then thought I could conquer the castle (a.k.a. rubber boat), by jumping in with 4 guys on it...hmmm...well, it was awfully easy to get on for some reason or another, until I realized why. - Though too late as I lost my top before I could get off. (Gulps!)
Then it happened - AGAIN! History repeats itself with me all the time, don't ask me why. I actually managed (with the help of the other girls) to be the only one on that rubber boat (yes, I was "queen of the castle"!) until someone tipped the boat over and sent me crashing into the side of the pool. I hit the side of my head sooooo hard (right by the eye-temple) and was passing out! Help! Thankfully Joaquin/Miggy was right there on the edge (Thank God!) and saw the hit and heard the noise and grabbed my arm before I went under. Yikes! TTL for His protection, I really do need to learn to not get so carried away. - I always get hurt!
I did manage to recuperate though and even lead some of the games (and yes, you're welcome Vas, once again, for the clothes swapping game! - Glad you enjoyed it, and your partner's G-strings. Ha!).
I didn't get any black eyes, though I do have something to show for it, but with some makeup and cover up it's hardly noticable. Whew! I did have to stay awake for a few hours in order to ensure I didn't have a concussion, but other than a nasty headache I was okay. TTL!
The next day was a lot more relaxing, other than Mariana, Gabe and I trying to traipse out to find the rest of the folks who had walked to the corner store to get some ice-cream. Don't ask me why we did this, but we ended up walking for at least an hour - and in the totally wrong direction. No wonder we didn't find them! (We did get to win 4 souls though. - GB Mariana's instant witnessing.)
It was a super fun trip though and I hope we get to do it again. - And yes, I'll try to see if I can gather some pics from the event.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger crazynik said...

Party sounds like great fun...I MISS CUERNEVACA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home