Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Odds and Ends...

In case anyone's wondering, yes, Jamie and I are home, which is why we're not blogging. We landed running and haven't stopped yet, so you can imagine this is the last thing on our list of priorities. I think Jamie's going to grace you all with more posts of our last week in Italy, but I thought to post some quick testimonies I had typed up before. They might not really go together, but hey, they were part of our time there so I thought to share them with you all too.

So, on to some testimonies of the Lord’s doings:
I had intended to borrow a vehicle from a car dealership contact I have, but the Lord had other plans in mind as it didn’t work out, and looking back I know it was the Lord too as the gas prices are FREAKY (and that means at least 3 if not 4 times the price of the US) so it could have been discouraging to spend so much on gas, and who knows if it was just pushing in our own strength. The owner of the car dealership, I was told, retired, so that was a bit disappointing as he’s someone that I’ve known since I was 9 or 10, and has helped with vehicles over the years. Due to a mix-up though I actually found out that he had opened another car dealership, and it was by mere chance that I found out about it. So we were able to meet him, follow up on him, and he’s promised to help as soon as he can (they’ve been opened for only 3 months – please pray their business goes real well as he’s someone that I am praying I can approach about sponsoring a vehicle for the Home in Mexico). - Here's a pic of us when we went to see him! :)

We also went to the Sella e Mosca winery that day - though we don't have too many pics of that, as it was a bit of a quick visit!

I had to get on the barrel too otherwise Jamie was too shy to. Ha! I love how tanned we look in this shot. :P

On to the next testimony:
The last Friday we were there Jamie was sick, so I went to the mall on my own. I know Jamie felt bad, but honestly, I had a great time. I had guys buying me coffee, ice-cream, and I was able to have a chance to talk with some of the people there who I knew from other years, who obviously felt awkward chatting with me more when we were in two (as Jamie doesn’t speak Italian, so they obviously didn’t want to exclude her), but the best part was that the general manager of the actual malls showed up and dragged me away from the table, offered me coffee, and we ended up spending over an hour talking. It was a good time of witnessing, and a real breakthrough where he opened his heart and was able to talk to me about things that I know he wouldn’t have talked about if there were others in our group. – So again, even out of a seeming snag, the Lord had His way and it worked out for good.

The last day at the mall though I actually had one of the most fulfilling days ever! I won the soul of this sweet McDonald worker who kept us company every now and then, bought us fries, drinks, and I even had a beer too the last day. (Yes, they sell alcohol at the McDonalds in Italy.) I wish the same exhilarating feeling to everyone, as in all honesty I am one of those people that feels such a rush of joy when I win a soul. – And when I say “win a soul” I mean that there’s that obvious breakthrough in the spirit, that connection where you can tell the person has really understood that what you’re giving them is the best gift ever, and something that they will thank you for all eternity that you gave them.
At some point I’ll have to write an account of this awesome encounter I had (with my parents) when I was a kid in India, going door-to-door, and we came across this man who used to be a staunch religious man (Hindu) who had a life-after-death experience, but wasn’t allowed into Heaven because he didn’t have “the ticket”. He was sent back when they were already doing the burning of his body on some altar, so he was good and dead, but before he came back he was told that someone would come by and offer him “the ticket to Heaven”, and sure enough the night right before we came by he was told in a dream that a foreign couple with two kids were going to show up and offer him that ticket, so you can imagine the goose-bumps we had when he opened the door and right away exclaimed “Finally! I’ve been waiting for you to come and offer me the ticket to Heaven!” I was seven years old at the time, but that story and that day is forever seared in my memory as it was just so awesome to realize that it really was the ticket. ;)
Right, so I mentioned the above story as when I recounted that story to the guy at the mall, it was the key to him receiving Jesus. He actually had tears in his eyes when I prayed with him and thanked me profusely, telling me he'd get everyone he knew to pray the prayer with him as he wanted them to experience the same gift.

I don't have any pics of us with these folks at the mall, but I do have a pic of my little family at the mall (minus my dad) - they all look great, minus me with my clown outfit, but hey, it's a pic, and pics liven up posts, so here you go:
I love this next pic of Jamie - she looks like she's throwing a fit at not being in the "in crowd". :D
And then the last day of our trip was a special blessing of the Lord’s supply. There were so many people we wanted to see, and two very key people in particular. I’d been trying to contact them ever since I got here, but it wasn’t until the last day that it just all worked out and the Lord really did some sweet and wonderful miracles of supply. We even met a man who, I’m praying, I can follow up on as he’s very interested in what we do, and he’s someone who can help. – Please pray that works out.

I’m still claiming awesome miracles, as I know that though our time in Sardegna is over, the Lord’s blessings and how He can supply for us, can happen anywhere. Last time I was there it wasn’t until the last day when the Lord supplied the funds to pay back the trip, and at the time we were needing some furniture for our rooms in our new house, and it wasn’t until a month after that this couple (which I met here in Sardegna) gave me a donation that was JUST the right amount (including tithe) for the furniture, etc. - So I’m still claiming the miracles the Lord’s promised us!

And I think that ends our time in Sardegna - well, for the most part. I'll close with a pic of us all with the sweet family (who I mentioned above) who also was key in not only helping us find an apartment for the 5 weeks we were in Sardegna, but who also covered half of the rent. GBT! Please pray for them and for their business to flourish. TX! :)

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty awesome about the Indian guy..What an amazing set-up must've gone on in the spirit to get you to meet that guy..

I'm just not clear on 1 thing:
How did the guy "come back" if his body had already been burned?? Was this a case of re-incarnation, or did I miss something?

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger CurlyCel said...

Ooops, guess it wasn't that clear - but no, not reincarnation! He "came back" as they had his body on the altar, ready to burn it (fire lit around him, that sort of thing). - But his body wasn't burning or burnt! (Not that I noticed at least.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home