Wednesday, March 07, 2007

No regrets...

You can tell I haven’t been living in Italy for a long time. HA! I just got a hold of this song from a friend of mine who, like me, hadn’t heard it till recently. (Yes, she also hasn’t been living in Italy for a while.) It came out in 2000, so as I said, this is old hat, but I still think it’s beautiful!! I’ve listened to it a couple times just for the lyrics (though the melody is sweet too) and thought to share it with you.

I’ll link you to a clip of the guy who actually sings it, though it’s a very short clip and the song is a lot longer. (Warning: Strange man in blue – sorry about that!) Then this version is of a cute guy named Jimmy who I think sings it nicely too, (besides, I think he’s cute, did I say that already? :P) - Anyways, just so you get an idea of the melody.
As to why I like it, I think we’ve all looked back at lost loves or affairs and wondered whether, if either of us had done something different, things would have been better, or different, or if it would have lasted. – In the end it doesn’t matter whose fault it is really, we just have to move on and try to become the better for it. – And I love how this song puts it.
I’m going to try to translate the lines, but in a more literal way. (Please fellow Italians, don’t ruin it by trying to point out my errors, I’m just doing the basics here. ;))

Se io, fossi stato un po' meno distante
If I, were to have been a little less distant
un po' meno orgoglioso, un po' meno che
A little less proud, a little less “what”
se lei fosse stata un po' meno gelosa
If she, were to have been less jealous
un po' meno nervosa, un po' meno eh
a little less nervous, a little less “eh”
ma se io, se lei se io, se lei
but if I, if she, if I, if she
ma se noi avessimo dato all'amore,
but if we, were to have given love
la giusta importanza, l'impegno e il valore
the right importance (priority), time and value
se noi,
if we,
amare vuol dire anche a volte annullarsi per dare qualcosa in più,
loving at times also means canceling yourselves to give something more,
ma se io ,se lei se io, se lei
but if I, if she, if I, if she
Se io, se lei adesso dove sei
If I, if she, now where are you
sotto quale cielo pensi al tuo domani
under what sky do you think of your tomorrow
Ma sotto quale caldo lenzuolo stai facendo bene l'amore
And under what warm sheet are you making love well
sono contento ama....ama e non fermarti
I’m happy love…love and don’t stop
e non avere nessuna paura
and don’t have any fear
e non cercarmi dentro a nessuno
and don’t look for me inside anyone
se io, se lei
if I, if she
Se io
If I,
quando tutto finisce c'è sempre chi chiude la porta, chi invece sta male,
when everything finishes there’s always those who close the door, those instead who remain hurt,
se lei,
if she,
chi ha sbagliato alla fine non conta,
who made the mistakes in the end doesn’t matter
conta solo che adesso io non so più chi sei
what only matters is that now I don’t know who you are anymore
Se io, se lei adesso dove sei
If I, if she, now where are you
sotto quale cielo pensi al tuo domani
under what sky do you think of your tomorrow
Ma sotto quale caldo lenzuolo stai facendo bene l'amore
And under what warm sheet are you making love well
sono contento ama....ama e non fermarti
I’m happy love…love and don’t stop
e non avere nessuna paura
and don’t have any fear
e non cercarmi dentro a nessuno
and don’t look for me inside anyone
se io, se lei
if I, if she
Se io
If I
sono contento ama, ama e non fermarti
I’m happy love…love and don’t stop
e non cercarmi dentro a nessuno
and don’t look for me inside anyone
e non aver nessuna paura
and don’t have any fear
se io se lei
If I. if she
adesso con chi sei
now who are you with

10 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cel, I hope u don't mind my intrusion.
I was in Haven's blog and saw your name so I came to say hi.
Hope you're well in that part of the world. BTW, I clicked on the link to the clip but it shows Biagio Antonacci, which might leave some wondering...., on the right side of the video clip there's a small icon with the cute guy you talk about. It says Jimmy so I guess he's easy to find! Love you! xox (zia Lode, ex-CEAD!)

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again. I read your post once more and realized that you had already sent out a warning about the strange man in blue! Duh!
I guess I was expecting a real weirdo so it didn't click that you were referring to Biagio Antonacci. Well...sorry girl.
Love u

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger CurlyCel said...

Hi Lode! Yes, Biagio Antonacci wrote the song and is the original singer (the man in blue is just a wierdo I wanted to warn people about), which is why he's linked first, and the Jimmy guy's link is with his name - just for fun.
Nice to see you around...;)

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just checking b4 going to bed... u know who I am right?
Praise, BTW: Happy Women's day..better late than never. LU!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger CurlyCel said...

Certo che so chi sei. ;) L'ultima volta che ci siamo incontrati era l'anno scorso al CEAD. Dove ti trovi adesso?

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sono in Svizzera, cantone francese, mon cheri! Sono venuta con le ragazze alla fine di gennaio. Siamo a + di 1000 mt. di altezza. Ho sofferto tantissimo all'inizio (pollution withdrawals) ma ora mi sono abituata a respirare anche l'ossigeno! ;)
Vabbe', scherzi a parte, il posto e' molto bello ma un po' freddino per i miei gusti. Prego che la mia prossima destinazione sia un po' + calda. Se vedi Genai e Paz da' loro un bacione da parte mia.
Ciao bella. Prs

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger CurlyCel said...

Ah, la bella Svizzera. - Quanto mi manca l'Europa. Spero che tutto va bene con i preparativi per la tua prossima destinazione. Un abbraccio! - E bacione! xxx

 
At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Credo che x un po' rimarro' qui...bacioni

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Luca said...

Se io, se lei... Hai ragione. Mille volte me lo sono chiesto anch'io. Ooops, Italian got ahold of me. One of my favorite songs by Biagio Antonacci. Good one Cel! ;)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger CurlyCel said...

Yup! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home