Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Funny (yet awesome) things do happen!

I had an interesting thing happen this morning during my Word time. I was taking some questions to the Lord about different things in my life, particularly this sickness that's hit me and how its dragged on for so long, wiped me out, etc. I honestly get discouraged when I get sick as I feel like a big baby. I look healthy and its just humiliating to be sick. - I think that goes for everyone!
So again, I was getting the Lord's perspective on things, when by mere chance my mouse hit on a folder where I had some e-cards people sent me for my past birthdays. You know how your mouse-pad can often sense the palm of your hand and move the mouse marker elsewhere? - That's what happened. My eyes fell on a certain PDF someone sent me back in 2005 - for my birthday that year. - Almost 2 years ago. HA! I couldn't remember the motiv so was urged to open it and see. I actually thought I was getting distracted from what I was really meant to be doing when again, my eyes fell on a little speech bubble at the bottom left-hand side of the card. - Something I didn't remember seeing before. Here I'm thinking I'm getting more and more distracted by the minute (next thing you know I'll be trying to figure out the page settings or something) when I find that its a prophecy that person sent me for my B-day. - And I hadn't seen it!!!
Needless to say I read it, and you know what? It was JUST what I needed to hear at this time. It's almost as if the Lord was telling me that He's already answered that question, and guided me to the prophecy. - A prophecy I hadn't even seen.
Remember that feeling of discouragement? Well, read this: "Yes I know you feel weak and you feel like someone who goes through life making so many mistakes one after another. You go from being picked up off the floor to being one of My queens and holding the torch high for others to follow. But then before too long you find yourself falling again going through another set of what seems to you to be the same lessons. But it’s not the same set and it’s not you going round in circles, you are going round but it’s up a spiral stair case." I was having a trial of being sick so often (and yes, I regularly feel discouraged about the other mistakes I make) , feeling as if I'm a redundant circle of just managing to get better and trying to catch up with work, only to then find myself getting sick again from, I guess, overdoing, so on and so forth. I know there are lessons to learn and I pray I can get the point and avoid these health issues, but again, I'm in awe at how the Lord's so good to me and guided me to the place where He had an answer. - So cool!
I was actually reminded of something that happened a year or so ago - a dear friend sent me an e-mail and was all concerned about me. The Lord had quickened me to her mind, encouraging her to pray for me and send me something from Him. She was naturally stepping out by faith in sending it to me as she had no idea what was happening at the time, and of course the prophecy she received set her mind ticking with even more concern. - Bless her soul! She sent me the PnP though, asking me to let her know what was up, and reassuring me of her prayers. I got her note and was equally surprized as she was. I couldn't think of what was going on that warranted that prophecy, though of course not wanting to discourage her I thanked her and said that the Lord knows and I'll try to get back to her ASAP.
Then guess what?
Just 3 days later something happened that really knocked me for a loop emotionally! - I was floored! And then I remembered that prophecy she sent me! I went back to it and it was JUST the answer to my trials. The verse "before they call I will answer" came to mind, and I was encouraged to see, yet again, how the Lord does care for His own, and knows just what we need to hear, and even go through, but He never leaves us. - Never!
So yes, I'm encouraged. - I feel loved! TYJ!

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Gabe Rucker said...

That's so cool! Thanks for posting that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home