Sunday, August 20, 2006

One more week...

...and then I'm off! Wow! Time flies! (Yes, even when its not only fun you're having.) I still have so much to do, I don't know when I'll find time to pack, plus we'll be moving into the new house while I'm gone, so I have to get all my stuff put away and ready to move without me. Oh, I really, really don't like that thought. - I just pray all my stuff gets there safely!
I read this poem this morning and found it totally fitting.
Blessed Burdens
It is good to be weary for so we seek rest,
And we find it at last, as we lean on His breast.
It is well to be lonely for then we may prove
That this Savior can fill every void with His Love.
It is good to be weak, so that then we may turn
To the Strong One for help and His mightiness learn.
It is well if we find that the desert is drear,
It is then we are taught that our Home is not here.
It is good when our burdens are heavy to bear
If they send us to Him and drive us to prayer.
Every need is a boon, every sorrow is blest
When it leads us to put His great Love to the test.
—J. Danson Smith

So yes, pray I can let the Lord bear the weight! - Thanks!

In other new, I had WnR yesterday and watched "End of the Spear". I wasn't actually that eager to watch it due to the review of "long periods of violence", and I'm not that into those types of movies. - Especially if they're true stories. (I can take ketchup, but when I know it was based on real blood, oh, it just does something to me.) Being that its the story of one of the most brutal tribes of the Amazon jungles, the Waodoni, who killed the 5 missionaries who were trying to reach them with Jesus and Salvation, it was obvious there'd be a lot of massacring basically. I'm glad I did watch it though as its awesome, the message is powerful and at the end of the movie you don't feel you just wasted time staring at the tube (ahem, I have a tendency to constantly look at my watch during movies, feeling I'm wasting time. Ooops!). If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. Its not "entertainment", but its meaningful! I went away with the thought of "May we always be known by our love", and sample.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure Jesus won't allow anything to go astray unless He knows you don't really need it.
So claim the keys and not just the front door keys!

Lv,
P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home