Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Prayer changes things! :D

Seriously, I have NOT prayed for Italy to win. - Each and every game I watched I tried to keep a distance in emotions (other than cheering when they win and letting the world know of my love for Luca Toni - HA!) as remembering how disappointed and gloomy I was in Euro 2002 kind of shook me up, and really, I shouldn't be that nationalistic. (Considering too I have two other nationalities. HA!) Again though, I'd really like Italy to win the actual World Cup, it would actually make my going to Italy this summer a much more successful venture (though I trust the Lord will make it fruitful regardless).
Having said that, during the Germany vs. Italy game, I honestly prayed, and it made a difference RIGHT AWAY!

Let me tell you my tale...

I was watching the game, but duty called. Alas, I can't necessarily say "no" to my job, whatever hour it may be (what's "office hours"?), so I basically missed the 2nd half of the game, running in and out to see some moves as I prepared to go. We jumped in the car, Miggy and I, ready to head off to the bus station, and I prayed for grace and acceptance as here I was leaving the poor Italian team to themselves. :D - No, joking aside, it was a trial and forsake all, so PTL!
We were trying to find the radio station that we assumed would be airing the game live, but were having a few problems with it, only to find we were searching on AM instead of FM (ahem). We stopped at the gas station, tanked up, and it was then I let out a quick prayer (audibly) stating that "Lord, if I prayer will make a difference for the Italian team, please help them to win".
A few seconds later Mig finds the station, and we hear the:
"Gooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll"
call that it seems all Latin American presenters scream out when there's a goal. I held my breath, I had no idea who!!!!! - "Por Italia!" I squeeled (I think Mig did too!), and was all happy, for like, a good minute, and then I hear it again:
"Gooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll"
I cringed, this was frustrating. It takes almost a minute (if not 2) for the dude to get through that line (I'm sure there's some prestige as to how long they can make it last). In the meanwhile the thought of "great, Germany's tied? No, please!"
And then..."Por Italia!!"
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I started jumping up and down on my seat, as I drove down the Periferico. (Well, part of it was possibly 'cause of the road, but I definitely added to the bounce!) Mig was stating how "its over for the Germans", and that it was. I honestly felt bad to hear how they wept, but I'm still happy Italy won.
And I pray Italy wins on the 9th. - Pray with me? ;)

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with yours, Cel.
Italy all the way!!!

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, sorry. France all the way for me!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger CurlyCel said...

Ha-ha - we shall see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home