When the impossible becomes possible - and how the Lord gets awesome victories even when we seem screwed big time!
I know some of you who read this might not quite grasp or agree with some of the things I’m going to share in this post, but I hope you don’t feel I’m trying to single you out or make you feel “out of the loop”. This is just something that happened to me this past week, something awesome, and I want to share it with all and in so doing use it as an opportunity to thank the Lord for such a wonderful miracle.
I need to upgrade my laptop! I have a good laptop, there’s NOTHING wrong with it, except that with my work I need lots more space, and a DVD burner, so…well, I needed to upgrade. I thought I’d experiment with eBay seeing as some folks (my bro included) had found some nice deals there, and were rather happy with it. I knew there was fraud on it, but I thought that if I did my “homework” well, I wouldn’t get ripped off. To add to this I did my best to pray the whole thing through, counsel with my bosses, PnP it, etc. so I honestly thought I was working the right way. To make a long story short though, I was swindled out of $600. You can call me stupid and ignorant, but alas, I fell for something, and it looked as if I almost got someone else ripped off of money too. (Yup, its one thing to lose money, it’s another thing to make others lose theirs.)
By a mere coincidence I was involved in helping the other people get their money back – how I got into that is another crazy situation in itself, but I can see the Lord’s hand in it as for one I had more incentive (not that they didn’t, but I tend to be a pusher type, so the Lord used it), and they didn’t lose ANYTHING (not even the tax money used to send the payment, which we were told would not come through even though there was a refund). So yes, the Lord did a miracle with that, and I was super thankful the others didn’t lose their money!
My situation, however, was another story all together. My money was already gone, and I knew I wasn’t entitled to a refund like they were. I had woken up at my usual 6:00am reveille to get Word time and PnP time. I didn’t sleep much the night before, but with so many questions on my mind and the intense feeling of sadness at being swindled, I knew I had to start the day off right. The answers the Lord gave me were awesome really, something I had NOT thought of at all, and in the end, after the PnP, I had real peace that whatever happened, it certainly wasn’t the end of the world. – In fact, the Lord said that $600 was really nothing in comparison with the actual lessons I was learning through this ordeal. So again, I figured, “But if Not, I’ll keep on trusting You, Jesus.”
To add to the Lord’s reassurance, we had folks praying here and claiming the keys for an outright miracle, and that the funds would be returned even though it seemed impossible. Its not that I doubted, but I just didn’t even want to think or hope for the impossible, I didn’t know what it could be. The Lord said that He’d get a major victory out of seeming defeat, but in my mind the “spiritual lessons” were probably going to be the victories, so I tried to be brave, and trust the Lord. Folks were rather surprised that I wasn’t in tears, or banging my head against the wall, or impersonating the Jews at the Wailing Wall. I can’t say I know why I wasn’t either, it was rather surprising as I was rather stressed from the whole situation, but again, the Lord is the only One I can give credit to as I don’t know how I held it together.
I spent Thursday (all day) running around with J. trying to help him get his money back. Again, the Lord did miracles, but the most awesome part is that because of a series of mishaps I ended up using a friend’s credit card, which, folks suggested, might allow me to get a refund seeing as I was swindled, and you can report fraud on a CC and get refund. I asked my friend to see if he could do that, and lo and behold, they gave him the money back! – All of it!
In the meanwhile, I found another awesome deal on eBay – I was very, very worried about using that method again, but I prayed and the Lord showed me to go with it, and…well, I’ll post a pic when I get it, but D.V. by tomorrow afternoon the new laptop (which is way better than the original one I was shooting for) will be arriving.
I still need prayer that the CC company will leave the refund on the CC as it seems there are some questions, and it will take a few weeks for them to verify/close the case, so if you could all please pray that they leave the refund, that would be a real blessing as obviously I don’t have $600 to lose. I’m also going to need a miracle that I can find a buyer for this one and be able to pay off the new one soon, so please, do keep that in your prayers, and of course, if you want to help, let me know. :D
At any rate, that’s the tale of how the Lord did the impossible, and how He got me out of a screwy situation without even the smell of smoke. – Not only that, but He sure got a great victory out of what looked like nasty defeat. I tell you, when the Lord says something, don’t doubt it. I’ve been realizing more and more how He’s only going to bless us with miracles if we have the faith in His promises, and that He’s going to do it. – I’m just so thankful He gave me the peace, and helped me learn all the wonderful lessons I did learn through this. Yeigh!
I need to upgrade my laptop! I have a good laptop, there’s NOTHING wrong with it, except that with my work I need lots more space, and a DVD burner, so…well, I needed to upgrade. I thought I’d experiment with eBay seeing as some folks (my bro included) had found some nice deals there, and were rather happy with it. I knew there was fraud on it, but I thought that if I did my “homework” well, I wouldn’t get ripped off. To add to this I did my best to pray the whole thing through, counsel with my bosses, PnP it, etc. so I honestly thought I was working the right way. To make a long story short though, I was swindled out of $600. You can call me stupid and ignorant, but alas, I fell for something, and it looked as if I almost got someone else ripped off of money too. (Yup, its one thing to lose money, it’s another thing to make others lose theirs.)
By a mere coincidence I was involved in helping the other people get their money back – how I got into that is another crazy situation in itself, but I can see the Lord’s hand in it as for one I had more incentive (not that they didn’t, but I tend to be a pusher type, so the Lord used it), and they didn’t lose ANYTHING (not even the tax money used to send the payment, which we were told would not come through even though there was a refund). So yes, the Lord did a miracle with that, and I was super thankful the others didn’t lose their money!
My situation, however, was another story all together. My money was already gone, and I knew I wasn’t entitled to a refund like they were. I had woken up at my usual 6:00am reveille to get Word time and PnP time. I didn’t sleep much the night before, but with so many questions on my mind and the intense feeling of sadness at being swindled, I knew I had to start the day off right. The answers the Lord gave me were awesome really, something I had NOT thought of at all, and in the end, after the PnP, I had real peace that whatever happened, it certainly wasn’t the end of the world. – In fact, the Lord said that $600 was really nothing in comparison with the actual lessons I was learning through this ordeal. So again, I figured, “But if Not, I’ll keep on trusting You, Jesus.”
To add to the Lord’s reassurance, we had folks praying here and claiming the keys for an outright miracle, and that the funds would be returned even though it seemed impossible. Its not that I doubted, but I just didn’t even want to think or hope for the impossible, I didn’t know what it could be. The Lord said that He’d get a major victory out of seeming defeat, but in my mind the “spiritual lessons” were probably going to be the victories, so I tried to be brave, and trust the Lord. Folks were rather surprised that I wasn’t in tears, or banging my head against the wall, or impersonating the Jews at the Wailing Wall. I can’t say I know why I wasn’t either, it was rather surprising as I was rather stressed from the whole situation, but again, the Lord is the only One I can give credit to as I don’t know how I held it together.
I spent Thursday (all day) running around with J. trying to help him get his money back. Again, the Lord did miracles, but the most awesome part is that because of a series of mishaps I ended up using a friend’s credit card, which, folks suggested, might allow me to get a refund seeing as I was swindled, and you can report fraud on a CC and get refund. I asked my friend to see if he could do that, and lo and behold, they gave him the money back! – All of it!
In the meanwhile, I found another awesome deal on eBay – I was very, very worried about using that method again, but I prayed and the Lord showed me to go with it, and…well, I’ll post a pic when I get it, but D.V. by tomorrow afternoon the new laptop (which is way better than the original one I was shooting for) will be arriving.
I still need prayer that the CC company will leave the refund on the CC as it seems there are some questions, and it will take a few weeks for them to verify/close the case, so if you could all please pray that they leave the refund, that would be a real blessing as obviously I don’t have $600 to lose. I’m also going to need a miracle that I can find a buyer for this one and be able to pay off the new one soon, so please, do keep that in your prayers, and of course, if you want to help, let me know. :D
At any rate, that’s the tale of how the Lord did the impossible, and how He got me out of a screwy situation without even the smell of smoke. – Not only that, but He sure got a great victory out of what looked like nasty defeat. I tell you, when the Lord says something, don’t doubt it. I’ve been realizing more and more how He’s only going to bless us with miracles if we have the faith in His promises, and that He’s going to do it. – I’m just so thankful He gave me the peace, and helped me learn all the wonderful lessons I did learn through this. Yeigh!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home