That does it, I think I’m a robot!
We’re up to one of those major work pushes that the *CTC is so well known for. - GB our dear boys, they work so hard.
*For those of you who don’t know what the CTC stands for, NO, it is not “Celeste’s Training Centre” (and you so know who you are, who think this), it’s actually Champions Training Centre. Thank you very much! :D
The latest is that our roofs have been leaking (oh yes – and I don’t mean drops, I mean major faucets of torrential rain) so they’ve all been working from morning till night (i.e. 10:30 pm, etc.) redoing the roofs to our back "stables". This means too that those of us who don’t sit on roofs all day get to stand in the gap and do double-duty, so to speak, when it comes to dishes (yeah, you know, for like 50 people), PE monitor, breakfast, kids, etc.
I’m not complaining, by the way…this is just the intro to my explaining how I came to the conclusion that I’m a robot.
So yes, it’s lunch time, and yes, I’m on dishes (aha – I’m not one of those sitting on roofs). One of our many industrial sinks has a broken faucet so we have these thongs set on the faucet handle (or whatever you call it) to the hot water in order to be able to twist the faucet on and off (quite the modern technology, I know). I like to think I’m rather quick and fast (and thorough) when it comes to dishes, so I’m washing the pots, chugging away, and though I realize this doesn’t do my reputation of being “quick and fast (and thorough)" too much good, I ended up washing those thongs at least 4 or 5 times!!! Picture me in Fast Forward (yeah right!), every time I end up picking up those thongs and scrubbing them real well and when I'm about to dump them on the drying rack I realize "DUH! They're meant to be on the faucet". So I put them back up...then they drop somehow, so I wash them again, and....so yes, I did that way too many times.
The good news though is that I FINALLY caught myself (around the 6th or 7th time - alas, I lost count) and oh, the look of pride I had when I realized it didn't fool me yet again. (I know, we all need encouragement.) I even told Peter (of Alvi) how proud I was of myself. - He actually patted me on the back (what a sweetheart). HA!
So yes...that is how I came to the conclusion that I'm a robot. :p
Now all I need is some sort of tight suit that makes me look like one of those hot robotic chicks that come from the future. Oh yeah...snicker! (I wish...)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home